Skip to main content

2022: What Have You Achieved This Year?

 2022: What Have You Achieved This Year?


What a year. 

Was it memorable? No. 

Was it monumental? Also no.

Did I get to do much traveling? Not really.

Did I advance in my career? Also no.

Honestly, 2022 is a quite stressful & frustrating year for me, especially in terms of work. When you are busy, stressed, and anxious all the time, time just flies past in a quick blur.

Like "What the hell happened? where did all my time go?"

Like "I'm getting older but what have I achieved?"

And then I would start to compare myself with things I see on social media. Of people posting their life's highlights of career advancement, exotic travels, life milestones of getting married, having kids etc. 

When I look at my year from this perspective, it's really pretty bleak.

But if I changed my perspective, it's actually not so bad. 

1. Grateful for my (physical) health

Despite getting covid (like finally wohoooo!), more MCs than usual, and lots of aches here and there (ageing problem), I'm really grateful for my good health.

Really.

When I hear stories of those having to go to hospitals for checkups, follow up, being admitted, and having to fork out money for treatments, I'm definitely thankful for being healthy (physically).

Mentally, I'm still quite resilient despite burnouts, frustrations, and mumbo jumbo of negative feelings. Ffffff work

2. Grateful for my support system


It's the little things that matter.

Like "Have you reached home?"

"Have you eaten?"

"I bought some food for you"

"I transferred some money for Christmas presents"

Sometimes when I'm pretty rough on myself, someone told me "Don't look down on yourself"

3. Grateful for food on my table, clothes on my back, the roof over my head & pillow under my head to rest


I have enough money to buy food. I have a comfortable place to rest. I have clothes to wear.

Last night, while lying in bed, I noticed how nice my freshly-washed bedsheets smelled. That gave me small joy. 

Not much but enough. For that, I'm beyond grateful. 

Cheers to 2023. To many more small wins in life!

Comments

Others Also Read This!

5 Produk Kurus Di Watsons: Jom Kita Review Bahan- Bahan Yang Terkandung Dalam Produk

5 Produk Kurus Di Watsons: Jom Kita Review Bahan- Bahan Yang Terkandung Dalam Produk   Adakah anda antara orang yang pernah beli produk kurus sebab terpengaruh dengan iklan atau testimoni kawan-kawan? Beli tapi kenapa ya tak kurus-kurus?  Okay takpa sis, kita try pulak produk lain. Produk X ni orang cakap bagus, maka korang pun terpengaruh lepas tu beli lepas tu tak nampak result. Frustrating kan? Badan tak kurus pun, yang kurus tu dompet uols je. Produk kurus memang sentiasa laku sepanjang zaman. Kat mana-mana pun ada jual, banyak sangat kat pasaran.  Tapi macam mana kita nak tau yang mana okay, yang mana tak okay dan bazir duit je nak beli? Ha, kenalah jadi pengguna yang bijak sisturs & brother sekalian. Ambik tahu apa bahan-bahan yang terkandung dalm produk tu, fahami macam mana produk ni membantu untuk menurunkan badan.  Baca:  Kenali Bahan Lazim Yang Terkandung Dalam Produk Kurus Atau Fat Burner Barulah kita tidak senang terpengaruh dengan iklan atau testimoni. Jom kita tengok

Guide To First Dates For Dummies

Guide To First Dates For Dummies While I'm not exactly an expert in relationships, first dates, and stuff, I've had a few learning experiences and a panel of consultants.  I feel the need to share with you, especially guys, a few do's and don'ts of a first date.  Basically to give you some idea of what girls expect on a first date and to save you from embarrassment and disappointments from not securing a second date.  1. Dress To Impress DO NOT underestimate the power of dressing. You only have one chance at making a good first impression.  You don't have to wear something expensive or trendy. Just something tidy, presentable, smart, or casual. Something you are comfortable in. Jeans, a nice shirt and shoes would be fine.  No short pants, slippers, and ratty t-shirts. If you want to wear shorts, wear them with a shirt (with collar) and shoes instead. Hair should be presentable, facial hairs trimmed and tidy, no bad breath or body odour.  Use cologne or perfume,

5 Popular Meal Replacement Shakes In Malaysia

 5 Popular Meal Replacement Shakes In Malaysia Image: Louis Hansel/ Unsplash Are you trying to lose weight but find it difficult to control your daily calorie intake? Or you are someone who is always on the go, regularly skipped meals, and find it really difficult to find healthy, well-balanced meals because of your extremely busy and demanding life?  Meal replacement shakes could be the answer that you are looking for. What Is Meal Replacement Shakes? Generally, meal replacement shakes have a calorie count of around 200–400 calories and a decent amount of protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. It is essentially meal-on-the-go.  Meal Replacement Shakes vs Protein Shakes. Are They The Same? They are not the same  and are designed for different goals. Meal replacement shakes is designed to replace your meal so it must contain the essential nutrients (carbs, protein, fat, fibre, vitamin and minerals) A protein shake is just intended to deliver protein with the purpose to add

3 Produk Meal Replacement Di Watsons

 3 Produk Meal Replacement Di Watsons Image: Unsplash/ Derick Mckinney Adakah anda sedang cuba menurunkan berat badan tetapi sukar untuk mengawal pengambilan kalori harian? Atau anda seorang yang sentiasa sibuk, sering skip meals , dan sukar untuk mencari makanan yang sihat dan seimbang dek kerana jadual seharian yang padat? Meal replacement mungkin adalah jawapan yang anda cari. Apa Itu Meal Replacement ? Meal replacement adalah pengganti makanan yang secara amnya, mempunyai kiraan kalori sekitar 200–400 kalori dan mengandundi protein, serat serta vitamin dan mineral penting yang mencukupi. Apa Perbezaan Meal Replacement & Protein Shake? Meal replacement shake dan protein shake mempunyai kegunaan dan manfaat yang berbeza.  Meal replacement - Bertujuan menggantikan makanan anda supaya ia mesti mengandungi nutrien penting (karbohidrat, protein, lemak, serat, vitamin dan mineral) Protein shake - bertujuan untuk mencukupkan atau menambah protein dalam pemakanan seharian dan buka

Otot Lagi Berat Daripada Lemak?

Otot Lagi Berat Daripada Lemak? Pernah tak korang hadapi situasi macam ni. Bersenam dah all out, membanting tulang dan tenaga di gym. Dalam semangat nak lose weight tu, timbang diri setiap jam, setiap hari! Disebabkan dah berabis workout dan mengamalkan diet rumput rumpai, korang pun expect berat turun kan? Tiba-tiba bila naik atas penimbang tu, berat tak turun pun. Maintain je. Kadang-kadang lagi teruk. BERAT NAIK PULAK!! Bila terjadi perkara macam ni, korang pun berjalan perlahan-lahan ke sudut bilik, dan mengerekot di dalam bilik yang gelap sambil mengenang nasib. Sangat mematahkan semangat, berkecamuk jiwa dan raga. I know. I've been there. CPPS pun pernah mengalami perkara yang sama Workout dah betul, diet pula calorie deficit. You have done everything right but your weight INCREASED! Rasa nak putus asa dan minum racun rumpai. Kemudian ahli keluarga, PT atau kakak cleaner gym dengan penuh rasa kasihan cuba memujuk. "Hey! don't worry. You are gainin